Jhené reblogged my post. Totally fangirling right now, don’t mind me. Hehehe. ^_^
Happy National Lipstick Day!
Denim & Velvet Leopard Button Down - Close Up
Denim & Velvet Leopard Button Down
One of my fave thrifted pieces.
The fact that I was also 19 (like Frank was) when I met my first love & that both of our first love took years to admit their feelings to us is so crazy to me. I know it may sound weird, but I feel so connected to him since I can relate to what he went through. To invest your time, your heart & your energy into someone you loved so much is so draining & so scary. It’s always a risk to love someone wholeheartedly because it’s not certain that the love you’re giving to them will be reciprocated. Even though things didn’t work out how we wanted in both of our situations, we were still grateful for having met our first loves. We were still grateful for the person we’ve become because of them & the lessons that we learned. Even though it was only for a short period of time, we were grateful to have crossed paths & created long lasting memories with them.
Thank you, Frank, for sharing an intimate part of your life that you were not obligated to share with the world. More than anything, I’m so proud that you no longer have to keep it a secret. So proud that you’re free & will inspire so many people not just through your music, but through your sincerity and heart. Thank you.
Homemade Fruit Tarts
My sister Joanna made these fruit tarts & I helped garnish them with strawberries. Now, I know I need to work on my garnishing, but they taste absolutely delish! Perfect balance of sweetness from the filling, tartness from the fresh strawberries & blueberries & crispness from the crust.
Thank You StyleCaster & Edition01 !!
- I love them! :)
[ x ] o .
Target Haul - [ 5.30.12 ]
Went to Target to look for some sandals & wound up getting more than what I planned on. Typical. Haha.
- Mossimo Supply Co. “Winni” Gladiator Sandals in Black - I love that the footbed is padded & despite being made of faux leather, the straps are super soft & comfy. I was surprised. I love them so much that I’m thinking of getting the tan pair, too.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black - My "Holy Grail" Eyeliner. I’ve had the one I currently have for almost 2 years & it has still yet to dry out. This liner is super pigmented & really creamy. It’s MUCH better than the L’oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner. Although you get more product in the L’oreal liner, it dries out waaaay faster than the Maybelline liner. It also costs about 3 or so more dollars than the Maybelline, depending on where you purchase it.
- Maybelline 24 HR Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in “Fierce & Tangy” - I previously bought 2 other colors (Bad To The Bronze & Tough As Taupe) & fell in love with them. You can use them as a base, like MAC’s paint pots, or you can wear them alone. They don’t crease & they last all day. I decided to pick up this orange one. It’s so vibrant & such a perfect color for summer.
- ELF Studio Line Fan Brush - Got this so I can put my highlighter on more precisely & to sweep away any fall out when I work on my eyes.
- Eye Crease Brush & Makeup Sponge Wedges from Target’s own line, Studio Tools - You can never have enough makeup brushes. I only have one crease brush, so I decided to pick up this one from Studio Tools. I’ve always been a fan of Target’s own brush line. I’ve used them for years & they’re still in great condition. Got the sponges to help sheer out my foundation. I’m gonna try out a new foundation routine.
- Hello Kitty Storage Tins - As always, I went to Target’s $1 section first because you never know what goodies you’ll find. To my delight, I found these kawaii storage tins & fell in love. They also had alot of other summer-themed HK products including notepads, gift bags, folding mirror/brushes & more. I’m definitely going back & getting more tins & other items! ^_^
Salvation Army Jewelry Haul [ 5.19.12 ] - DETAILS (Part 2)
Salvation Army Jewelry Haul [ 5.19.12 ]
Last weekend, I found the most awesome earrings. It was my first time finding jewelry that I really loved at my local Salvation Army. I wound up getting 8 pairs of earrings that were $2.50 each, which totaled to $20! They were originally $5 each, but it was 50% Off that day, so I definitely got lucky. My faves are the textured X’s & the gold crosses. I think the gold crosses are pins because of the backs that came with them, but they can definitely be worn as earrings too. Two for one? HELLZ YES! ;)
Shoe Haul: Xhilaration “Silverleaf” Leopard Wedges
OMGAH, I DIE! Are you dying along with me? These are my new babies & are my other summer staples. Saw these on the Target website just like the Petene Sandals & was waiting for them to appear at my local Target. I didn’t want to get my hopes up because my Target is usually a hit or miss when it comes to having the items I want in store, but I was pleasantly surprised that I found them. Unfortunately, they had no more size 8’s left & there was only one pair of 8.5 left so I decided to try them on. To be honest, a Size 8 would’ve fit much better, but I figured a half size isn’t that big of a difference. I loved them too much to pass them up & didn’t want to order them online & have to wait, so I bought them. These were $29.99, which is not bad at all & they’re SUPER comfortable, due to the sole & the almost 2-inch platform.
Shoe Haul: Mossimo “Petene” Sandals in Cobalt
I was eyeing these sandals weeks prior to finding them at my local Target. Saw them, tried them on & loved them. Despite loving them, I decided to wait another week or so because Target’s shoes go on clearance fairly quickly. Lo & behold, I go back about 2 weeks later & they were on clearance for $20.98 (originally $29.99)! So I did what any person in their right mind would do, I bought them! ( DUH! :p ) The color is amazing & it’s fairly comfortable. My feet do kind of slide down, but that’s nothing an insert can’t fix. These will definitely be summer staples for me, along with the next pair of shoes that I got. ;)